Entries. The Conscientiopedia project started on 11th January 2005 and currently comprises 2.220 entries in the portuguese version. In english version we have 65 articles.
Goal. The objective in 2008 is to achieve 3.000 entries for the portuguese version of Conscientiopedia.
Proposal. The proposal of Conscientiopedia is being open to all researchers interested in the construction and publicizing of Conscientiology and its subdisciplines[. It is possible to edit the great majority of the entries without any restriction whatsoever. Cosmoethics and critical thinking are the only boundaries for the voluntary contributions.
Stage. The Conscientiopedia is in the promotion stage and you are invited to help enlarge this assistantial enterprise. See the invitation to volunteering for further information.
Expansion. The current stage of the works in Conscientiopedia is characterized by the horizontal expansion of the entries, that is, several entries are being created with basic and superficial content. In the course of time, Conscientiopedia will reach the stage of vertical expansion – when the content of the entries will be deepened, according to the participation of the researchers of the International Cosmoethic Conscientiological Community (ICCC).
Rationale of Conscientiopedia
01. Anti-elitism. The Conscientiopedia is anti-elitist, therefore it is open to everybody’s participation. The aim is to promote democracy of ideas.
02. Argumentocracy. The arguments of greater discerniment and competence predominate. The argumentocracy is the basis of open content encyclopedias as shows the history of the Wikis.
03. Graphofilia. The openness and receptivity of Conscienciopedia to the collaborative work of volunteers is a stimulus to graphofilia. Writing improves writing. Write always to write better.
04. Talents. The ease collaboration allows to discover new talents.
05. Up-to-dating. Conscientiopedia will always be in process and updated with leading-edge research.
06. Consensus. Discussions about the entries of Conscientiopedia will build conscientiological consensus and make possible identify the less understood and more controversial subjects.
07. Database. Conscientiopedia intends to be large database of Conscientiology.
08. Source. It could serve as a source and laboratory for the Encyclopedia of Conscientiology, making easier on-line collaboration.
09. Unbelief. The principle of unbelief is the axiom of Conscientiology that emphasizes the importance of research. This is the principle according to the proposal of Conscientiopedia: "Do not believe in anything and in no one, not even in what you are informed on this website. The best is to research by yourself, to have personal experiences and to draw your own conclusions."
10. Clarification task. Due to the fact that informatics and internet have had a great influence over people throughout the 20th and 21st century and Conscientiopedia is a tool of digital assistance (digital clarification task) to the consciousness, all Conscientiology teachers, of all existing Conscientiocentric Institutions (CI's), can broaden their clarification tasks by contributing to the entries of this digital encyclopedia.
11. Access. Conscientiopedia facilitates the access to Conscientiology since its texts and content can be accessed via searchers such as Google and Yahoo.
12. Consciential self-relay. Conscientiopedia, an electronic media resource, make it possible to leave information as a time capsule for the next life, helping the researcher in his consciential self-relay.
13. Ghost-writer. The collaborators of Conscientiopedia compose a set of ghost-writers donating ideas to the expansion of Conscientiology.
14. Invisible College. Conscientiopedia aims to support the Invisible College of the Encyclopedists working as its virtual representative.
16. License. The Conscientiopedia’s free license allows copying and dissemination of the contents in a far wider way than would be possible with the paper Encyclopedia of Conscientiology, ensuring the survival of the ideas even in the event of global catastrophes.
17. Ideary. The Conscientiography, or the record of research and themes of Conscientiology, assembled into Conscientiopedia represents a sample of the conscientiological collective ideary.